2 days ago
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
*YAWN* *STRETCH*
Life is once again stirring inside me. Stretching, yawning and waking from a long winter sleep. I've seen the sun and felt the warmth. I've spent months curled up in front of the fireplace with a throw blanket. The chilly mornings and cool days may not be over but there are sure signs of life returning.
I found flowers in the yard. Trees are budding. My husband is hacking and sneezing. We have lit the grill, swept the porch and planned a garden.
I know temperatures will go back down from this 70 degree wonderland. They go down just a little less far each time though. The warmth of the sun is strong. It makes me long for road trips with the windows down, camp fires and day trips to Chicago. I can't wait to have bare toes, flip flops, and color in my wardrobe. Out goes the dull browns, dreary grays, and dark heavy reds. In comes coral, pink, yellow, fresh green, and a crisp white button down over dark denim with a shot of color in a bight tank top. Gone will be boots and wool socks. In will be painted toes and little canvas slip-ons.
Spring is peeping up from beneath a brown earth. She's looking cautiously into the blue sky. I say "Welcome." Bring. It. On.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I keep checking the 10 day forecast on the Weather Channel.com and feeling glee about the rising temps. Looks like some 50s before mid 60s next week, but hey, it's better than 30s! :-)
Post a Comment