My husband had his meeting. It went, sort of OK, good, but kinda not really. That is about all I can say about it. He's got the promise of a promotion in the next few weeks. The issue with that is his work expects him to also keep up his current duties as well as the new duties and to work as needed "on his own time." Meaning, we'll work you to death and not pay you for it. But, the job is secure and the promotion would look great on his resume. Unfortunately for THEM, our priorities are about working hard and playing HARDER. Being together as a family. So, we'll just wait and see.
I did see that the hubs sent his resume home and was polishing it up this morning.
I've decided to put the worry aside for a bit. We don't want to move again. I trust my husband to know what is best and what he wants. He really wants this promotion on his resume. I know he does. However, he really wants to be with us and have free time. I trust he'll come to some sort of compromise.
We're going home to WV this weekend. It should be a lot of fun since we're finally going in for something HAPPY. A baby shower. The catch is, she's 18, he's 25, they aren't married and they've been living in his parent's basement since she was 16. Her Mom (not related to me) told her not to marry him so she could get more free stuff from the state. She quit high school, he cleans at night and spends all his money on racing remote control cars. He wanted to go to technical college and his parents (related to me) told him it was a waste of time. He's been in drug rehab more than once. It's not a recipe for success.
I don't know where those hillbilly stereotypes come from.
BUT, the good news is, he is doing a lot better, he's a good kid (I know he's not a kid but he certainly isn't a "man"). They both have steady jobs and have been working hard. They recently got their own place. My Aunt, his Mom, is so happy to be a Grandmother that I know that baby will not lack for anything. No matter what happens that little one will be loved and doted on. My Aunt is a big spender and she has the biggest heart.
These situations are not black and white. I have hope for them. My hope is that they will settle down and become a real family. That once my cousin has a purpose he will buckle down and be a real father. I know these two have a lot of support. I know they have both been through horrible things. In the end, I hope this story has a happy ending.
So, I got a great baby gift. I'll put on a cute baby shower outfit, eat some cake, play a silly game, and Oooo and Awwww over all the tiny little things. There is joy in the moment even when the future is uncertain.
That's a good thing to remember.
2 days ago

2 comments:
I think you've got the right attitude. That baby didn't ask to be put into this position and it seems like the young couple has plenty of support, so hopefully, everything will work out okay (and keep in mind that things like this happen everywhere, not just WV ;-) )
Hoping things turn out okay with the job situation.
I'm also hoping that the young couple make it. Sometimes having a baby really does turn people around. It might do the trick for them!
Hope you have a good trip to WV. My mom said it's supposed to be warmer there this weekend.
Post a Comment