So, tonight I'm headed for a Pampered Chef party. I have a strong dislike of these "fake" parties. I just don't get it. Why is it something only women do? Well, frankly could you see any Man invite a couple of his friends over for crescent roll taco ring and the chance to buy some really overpriced crap so he could get free stuff. Yahoo! Why do we women think it is OK to do this to our "friends."
I had a strict policy back in WV of never going to this kind of stuff. I hate the pressure! They always tell you not to feel like you have to buy anything, just come for the chance to hang out. You know they don't mean it. They have visions of a free pizza stone floating in their head. So, you are supposed to go and eat the ranch dip mix and drink the diet coke and not buy anything? I've always just kind of thought if you wanted to invite friends over, you'd just do it. Forcing them to buy $50 kitchen shears doesn't seem very friendly to me.
So why am I going? Good question. This is a relatively new friend who is also our landlord. She is very nice and our boys like to play together. I still don't know why I'm going. I'm not going to buy anything. Like she needs any MORE of our money. I guess I saw the chance to get out of the house, ALONE, and eat a half a piece of taco ring and a tiny glass of diet coke.
Unless I can come up with a really good excuse, I'll be going. I'll probably be coming out of there with a $45 measuring cup.
2 days ago

3 comments:
Stay strong! Don't buy! I hate those things too and finally, I've almost stopped being invited to them. :-)
So, did you buy anything?
Didn't end up going! J. called with news and we needed to talk about some things. So, no $45 measuring cup for me!
Post a Comment