The weather is warming up around here! 64 yesterday!! We ran around in short sleeves and enjoyed the sun.
We spent our Sunday afternoon putting together a swing set. We had to leave ours behind when we left WV and my boy has really missed it. This one isn't as fancy or nice as the one we left behind but we've learned a lot since then. It doesn't have to be perfect, you know?
We have to finish up the swing set this evening. So now, in our back yard we have a trampoline, giant sand box, pool, swing set, fire pit, 4-wheeler, regulation horse shoe pit, and a 6 row clothesline. Oh, and my veggie garden and an unused herb bed I'll be revamping this spring. And you know what? With over an acre, it's not even crowded.
In case you were wondering. We aren't going any where. The job is a job. J. is getting bonuses while many are getting laid off. We'd really be foolish to walk away from that. And despite the problems, we love this house and the land. We have an incredible amount of freedom here. This house feels more like home to us than our fancy new home ever did.
So now, I'm going to go sit on my covered porch with my glass of sweet tea (I'm with you Tulip...what is the point of unsweet tea?). I'm going to watch my clothes blowing on the line and my son dig in the sandbox. It's a good life if you can swing it!
2 days ago

1 comment:
I spend my Spring and Summers in my huge hammock, just watching the clouds go by and it is "Almost Heaven" for me at that point. Sounds like a great day for you all as well.
Post a Comment