Okay, so we decided to do some major stocking up of our pantry and freezer. I know that I didn't get the best deal on EVERYTHING we bought however, it was so worth it. I had the extra money from a bonus at my husband's job. We discussed what we could do with it and decided that we would really stock our pantry and freezer.
So, many $$ later, we are stocked. It makes me so happy to look in the garage and see the stocked shelves and the freezer filled nearly to the top. I know that the idea is to buy extra on sale and stock slowly. But trust me, we don't often have the extra money (is there such a thing?). I do hope that as the weeks go by, I'll save a little on the grocery bill since I won't have to buy so many staples.
Anyway, I'm nearly giddy about planning the menus!
Breakfasts: Steel cut oats, muffins, waffles, pancakes
Lunches: Leftovers, PB&J, ham or turkey sandwiches with chips and fruit
Sunday: Steaks, baked potatoes, spinach Caesar salad, crescent rolls
Monday: Soccer practice and pictures. Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, tomato or chicken noodle soup
Tuesday: Sour cream and Dill chicken over noodles. I tried this a few weeks ago. It was SO good. It has become a NEW family favorite. I left out the lemon juice, we're not big on lemony chicken. Apple crisp for dessert!
Wednesday: Apple stuffed Roasted pork loin, cheddar chive mashed potatoes, green beans, fresh home made bread.
Thursday: Hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, fries and fixin's
Friday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, salad, bread Family Favorite Meal!! Recipe at end of post
Saturday: Grilled chicken, Alfredo pasta (toss some veggies in the pasta)
Looks good to me. Have a wonderful week! I can't wait to read the rest of the menus. HERE!
I don't really measure anything...ever. But this is our tried and true favorite family meal.
Meatballs
Pound of Italian Sausage
Pound of Ground Beef
2 Eggs
Handfull of bread crumbs
Very finely chopped onion (to taste....my family doesn't want to know it's in there)
Garlic
Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
Mix together and form into balls. Bake in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Put in crock pot or on stove top with jar or two of sauce and simmer. Baking them in the oven helps them brown and keep their shape.
Serve with pasta.
2 days ago


No comments:
Post a Comment