Friday, September 26, 2008

Filed under: Little things that make me happy...

So, I went to WalMart yesterday to fill a prescription and pick up a few things. I nearly squealed in delight when I made my way to the "food" side. There, in the middle of the isle sat THE HOLIDAY BAKING SECTION!!! Oh, I was so happy. It is a sign that the holidays are coming and that it is almost time to fire up the oven and fill the house with goodies.

I had to look over everything, of course. Spices and candied fruit, tin cookie pans, the ever important Crisco, a small mountain of flour! Oh yes, it was beautiful!

I'm going to put together my Holiday Notebook this afternoon. Another thing that makes me happy. I love notebooks. And lists. I especially like the note book from Organized Christmas. I'm already a little behind but that is OK.

And also, I very much love and adore my hubby. He managed to work out a plan so he doesn't have to be gone while his family is here. He said it didn't feel right since they were driving 9 hours to see him. Also, his sister is coming with her son and they've been through some pretty tough months.

We have a play date this afternoon at a local park. It does my heart good to see Nicholas play with a friend. I wish we could find one a little closer and a little more available but I'm sure that will come in time.

I could see my breath this morning. Happy!

Highs in the 60s by Wednesday. Yay!

Sometimes it is the little things.

No comments: