Thursday, September 4, 2008

A dry spell...

I've completely lost all creativity. Especially anything having to do with home. I need a shot in the arm and some inspiration on what to do around here. I definitely need something done about our meals. I hope to sit down one evening soon and just make a nice menu plan and a big grocery list.

I love to cook but it isn't enjoyable when your scrounging around for something to fix. I used to do really well planning our meals and grocery trips. It seems like lately, though, I'm only getting the basics "to get by" and nothing else. And that makes it hard to enjoy getting in the kitchen.

I really think a lot of it is the oppressive heat. There is no air moving and the humidity is staggering. I'm just ready for Fall!

I am hoping to tear up the classroom and spare bedroom today and put together a play room. We're having a friend over though after lunch so first I have to clean house, that I didn't intend to do today! Whoops! But, I'm real excited for Nicholas to have his friend over to play. So, it is worth a change in my plans, even if the house is a disaster.

Wow, 10:00 and I haven't had a cup of tea yet. Must go get caffeinated.

No comments: