Tuesday, August 5, 2008

It's the little things...

Sometimes it is something so simple and little that gets in the way of being content. Just a tiny chink in the armor and the next thing you know, your walking around with a chip of discontentment resting on your shoulder.

For me yesterday it was this silly video I was watching of these people dancing at their wedding. It was so funny and irreverent. I was laughing. Then I was hit with a wave of sadness. I wanted to BE like them. I wanted to be free to have fun like that. To laugh with my husband at ourselves. To dance, sing, laugh, joke, anything. We've been so serious lately. Everything is a HUGE deal and everything is a DISASTER. The money, we must talk about the money. All. The. Time.

And I get that this was just a snippet of these people's lives. Who knows what was waiting for them after the fun. But, that is just the point. They danced anyway. They were having fun anyway. Maybe everything for them is roses and sunshine and it is easy to laugh and have fun with each other. Maybe it isn't.

I know that life is serious. We have lots of things in our lives right now that are real problems. Big problems that need to be solved. I'm glad we are open in communicating them. I'm glad that we tackle them head on and that we talk about it together. We couldn't love each other more. I couldn't ask for a better man to share my life with.

But still, I wish we remembered to have a little more fun with each other.

No comments: