Friday, August 8, 2008

It's a good start...

The weather is absolutely perfect today. The sun is shining. The sky is blue. There is no humidity. It is currently 64 degrees. High today around 80.

It is amazing what a little break in the heat can do for your sense of well-being. It's like that odd 70 degree day in February. A spirit lifter.

We have company coming today and I have many things to do. I am full of ideas and dreams for gardens and potting sheds. I'm realizing my negative attitude has caused me to miss out on the wonderful things around me. The acre of land I have here and the free reign I've been given to enjoy it. It isn't mine in name but I'm going to be here a while. I should enjoy it. So, I'm planning gardens for next year, flower beds, dried herbs, and expanding my patch of dirt for veggies. There is a two-story barn on the property. It's in wonderful shape but overtaken by bugs and spiders. I think we'll reclaim it. Clean it out, spray it for bugs, hang curtains in the windows and turn it into a club house and potting shed. N. can have the upstairs. He'll be thrilled!

Yikes. 9:00 and much to do!

No comments: