Somebody slap me. I've been keeping up with the cooking and the cleaning and doing the basics around here but, I've not been doing anything extra amid all the chaos. I feel like I've been TRYING to be unhappy or discontent. The chaos has been reigning supreme and unchallenged in our house.
Things look OK but there are papers where there shouldn't be. The office/classroom is a mess. We've been slogging through the basics as far as school goes but haven't done anything fun or anything that required any effort from me in a long time. I can't get the door shut on my boy's closet. Of course, no 7-year-old boy should have twice as many clothes as his mother. Somehow that is just wrong on so many levels. The scary part is that his new summer wardrobe is currently residing in a rubbermaid tote...IN MY BEDROOM!
Even my handy dandy notebook is showing signs of neglect. It is a mismatched mix of unfinished ideas and half-baked lists. You know I have an unhealthy love of spiral notebooks. This one is just a disgrace. I'm ashamed.
So, anyway, I'm going to get things back on track around here. The first thing I'm tackling is my son's closet. To be fair the weather has been a factor. I've had to keep his winter stuff available. However, the forecast looks pretty good for the next week so maybe there is hope!
I'm putting the husband to work on the garage this weekend. It's a pit. I imagine he'll be thrilled.
I'll continue to plug away and work on things as I can. Mostly I just want to remember I've got a pretty great life and I should continue to live it.
2 days ago

1 comment:
My kids are growing out of their cold weather stuff and it's not warm enough for warm stuff, so I'm in the same pickle as you!
Post a Comment