Monday, April 13, 2009

It's just life...

We are back from a rather nice weekend in WV. We spent the day shopping on Friday, then out for my brother's birthday. Saturday we went to Morgantown for the Family Easter dinner. Things were a bit hectic because my cousin decided to have her baby at 4:00 Saturday morning! We were half-way to Morgantown before we found out. So we pressed on and ended up cooking the dinner once we got there. There was plenty of laughter and confusion. A big Easter Egg Hunt where my son came out with enough change and dollars to go on vacation. Dinner happened and we went to see the VERY new baby. He was pretty cute for a newborn!

We wrapped up our weekend by spending Sunday just hanging out at my parents house having an early dinner. We brought home an entire truckload of crap. Candy, toys, a patio umbrella and a new wardrobe for a 7-year-old. He can pretty much not wear the same thing for three weeks straight. I may have been treated to a thing or two and J. may have scored at JC Penny. My Mom tends to go a bit overboard when we come in for a visit. And hey, I am NOT complaining.

Back here in Indiana it's cold and rainy today. It fits my mood. There is always a big letdown after a busy visit. It was good to get home late last night though. I was happy to see my own bed and use my own shampoo. I've spent most of today trying to figure out where to put all the new toys, clothes and candy. Not to mention the laundry. Oh the laundry!

BAD THINGS happened at my husband's job Friday while he was off. He didn't come home yet today so I'm going on the assumption he's still got a job at the moment! He has a phone interview tonight so we'll be eating late. I'm going to fix homemade pizza and pop in a movie. I think we'll spend the evening vegging on the couch.

We packed a whole lot of living into three days. It was good and it was bad and through it all we held hands, laughed and spent time being loved on by family. It's amazing how good that can feel. Then again, too much togetherness can be stifling. It's about balance.

All in all Easter was lovely.

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Glad you had a nice time. I totally agree about the "too much togetherness" thing. It's all about balance. :-)