2 days ago
Monday, April 20, 2009
Menu Plan Monday...
I find that when things are in chaos around here, a good plan can do wonders. Just trying to wing it every day adds another layer of stress and chaos to an already stressful situation. I'm focusing more on the domestic around here for a while. Back to menu planning for me!!! The weather is warming up toward the end of the week so we'll be getting back to simpler meals utilizing the grill. I love grilling a piece of chicken, throwing potatoes in the oven and chopping a salad. Simple. Healthy. Delicious. So easy it is like cheating.
Monday: My husband smoked a pork shoulder in the smoker over the weekend. I shredded it last night and we'll heat it up with BBQ sauce for supper. AuGratin potatoes, green salad, home made rolls. (I got a new bread machine finally...YIPPPEEEE!)
Tuesday: Tacos. From a box. Soccer night.
Wednesday: Grilled chicken, rice, veggie medly (I have bags of frozen mixed veggies in the freezer from all the soup I didn't make this winter).
Thursday: Grilled Pork chops, fried apples, green salad, garlic toast.
Friday: Brats on the grill with buns (hot dog for the boy), herb potato wedges, green salad.
Saturday: Soft tacos. Homemade tortillas, ground beef and all the fixings.
Sunday: Frozen pizza.
I try pretty hard to only fix what we'll eat so you will rarely see a leftover night around here. If there is an extra piece of meat it usually goes to my husband for lunch. If I'm really stretching the dollars with casseroles we'll usually use those leftovers for lunch as well.
For more menus, go see Organizing Junkie. You'll be there all day and then you'll completely change your mind about what you were planning. Lots of links and recipes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are smart to cook just what you'll eat. I try to - but with 5 of us, it can be hard to predict. Love your tacos "from a box" - me too!!
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I am trying to escape the junk food habit, so I try to cook junk food in a healthy way. What does it mean Tacos from a box.
Betty
Post a Comment