Thursday, November 20, 2008

Would you like a little Cheese with that Whine?

Okay, so I realized I was whining. And whining about going home which is crazy. I love to go back to WV and visit. I love leaving my stuff all over the room and not making my bed. I especially love this time of year because my Dad will be in the woods all week (opening of gun season in WV, you know) and that means, except for Thanksgiving Day, we'll eat out every night. There won't be room in Mom's fridge for non-Thanksgiving food. So, my Mom, myself and my boy eat out. And she will BUY. Hello! And it won't be "grab something at Bob Evans." She doesn't go out much because my Dad travels a lot so it will be GOOD restaurants. And my son? He'll want nothing to do with me at the restaurant. He'll want my Mom to handle the details. And she'll want to do it. And I'll eat in blessed peace.

I still have the issue with the kids Mom watches. However, I thought Tuesday N. and I would just go see a movie. We should probably go see "Bolt" before we go to Disney World anyway. A little Mother/Son time that doesn't include school lessons and me saying things like "pick up your Legos before I sweep them up with the vacuum." We can run some last minute errands for my Mom. That will break up the day with the kids there.

And I'm going to do some baking and candy making. That will keep me busy. I'll drink WAY too much coffee and be a giant ball of energy on Wednesday. Mom is not keeping kids and we're going to do all the T-Day prep. That will be my favorite part. The two of us in the kitchen getting it all together and watching QVC.

Plus, I'm glad to help out. I know if the situations were reversed she'd...we'll no she wouldn't. She'd likely laugh and tell me it was better me than her. I guess that is what Mom's are for.

All in all it will be a good week. I'll miss being home, I'll miss the husband but if I have the right attitude everything will be great. If I let myself thing about the fact that once we get back from Mom's I only have 12 days until we leave on Vacation, then I'll start panicking. So we won't talk about that right now.

No comments: