Everyone has headed home, J. has headed off to work for a very busy and interesting week, N. is still in bed recovering from a busy weekend. I am staring at a mountain of laundry and a cobweb on the light. I just don't even have the gumption to menu plan for the week. We're *gasp* winging it! We have some late nights and errands to run. It will just be easier to grab and go this week. I know, it's terrible. What can I say, I'm just out of steam. Well, except today because I didn't make the turkey I had been thawing out this weekend. We didn't have our nice family dinner. So, I'm making that tonight and we'll probably eat turkey sandwiches this week. I'm just glad I didn't thaw the ham.
I felt like we all made a collective sigh when our visitors left yesterday. It was a busy weekend. Some things went as I expected but I was much more conscience about just relaxing and letting things roll off. I think they had a good time. N. was tired. He's not used to having a 2 1/2 year old dogging his steps all the time. It was cute. Well, except when he barricaded himself in his room and told everyone to go away, he needed ALONE TIME! He's so much like his Dad and I.
We all took it easy yesterday afternoon. We spent the day on the couch watching Football.
So, today finds me with a ton of chores to do to get the house back together. Isn't it funny how you clean and clean for company and then they are here 5 minutes and the place is destroyed? Yeah, I didn't really think it was funny either. But, it was good that that made the effort to come all this way and that we got to visit and spend some time catching up.
If you need me, I'll be folding towels.
2 days ago

1 comment:
Glad your time with your family went well! Putting the house back together after company is always wonderful! :)
It's funny that N wanted some alone time!
Don't work too hard this week!
Post a Comment