I got caught up reading Menu Plan Monday yesterday. Wow. I really need to get a bit more adventurous in my meal planning. There are some amazing recipes out there. There are families eating things like Chimichangas and Asian dishes I can't pronounce.
We tend to stick with the simple and the tried and true. I love to get creative and cook but I tend to stick with things I know both my husband and my son will eat. I think once a week though I might start trying something new on them!
I realized something else yesterday, though. I was reading all those blogs. Some made me feel good, some didn't. I'm tired of being told what to eat, how to dress, how my house should look and how to raise my son. I'm tired of reading a blog and getting a lecture on how to live. Don't buy this, don't eat that, vote for this person, don't paint this color, decorate with this product, listen to this music etc. I find that if I am not careful, it all starts to make me feel like everything I do is wrong, that my home isn't good enough and my routine is lacking.
I love blogs, though. I love looking into other peoples lives, homeschools, menus and decorating ideas. I just get frustrated when what starts out as a peak into someones life turns into a lecture on how to live. Maybe it is just me. I have a hard enough time being happy with what I have, I don't need to read things that make me feel even worse about my life. That's the beauty of this kind of thing, though. You don't like it? Don't read it.
2 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment