Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I have a good excuse

Dear Husband and anyone who may see the inside of my house,

I'm sorry I did not get the laundry done. Or the dishes washed. Or the floor swept. Or any of the hundred other things I was going to do today.

However, I am sure you will understand. We are under siege! I had to aid in the construction of a defensive fort in the living room! We had a little trouble engineering the blankets correctly. We've had a lot of sag. Fortunately, N. came up with an easy fix.

It involves me holding up the center panel with my feet while sitting on the couch. Really. I'm necessary for the structural integrity of the fort.

So if you need me, I'll be here on the couch with my hot chocolate, holding up the fort with my feet for the foreseeable future.

At least I had the sense to grab the laptop before the siege!

1 comment:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

LOL! It's fun to be the mom sometimes. :-)