Friday, February 6, 2009

February

I hate February. We just don't get along. It's cold and gray. It's been cold and gray for months on end. There are still months of cold and gray to go. The crackle of the fire has lost its charm. The majestic winter landscape looks gray and dirty. The four walls of my house are closing in on me. The fun of the holidays are left behind us but the tighter financial belts are still around. The yard is frozen and/or muddy. All my clothes are too dark. In September black, brown and gray are so fun to transition to. In February, I crave a spot of lime green or tangerine!

I get in a funk come February. My husband really can't stand it. In the old days we would take off for a weekend away and blow money we didn't have but come home much better. Now days we are much more "responsible" people. Yuck.

The weatherman has good news for this weekend. 46 degrees!!! Yay, but it's going to rain. Oh and since we have 12 inches of snow that is going to melt, it's also going to flood. I'm left to wallow in the cold and the gray and now he mud.

I hate February. And as for you, Groundhog, I'm from WV, we shoot little critters like you. Think about that next time you want to forecast winter.

No comments: