There is something about warmer weather that makes me feel feminine. I find that when the sun is shining, the sky is blue and the birds are singing I love to put on something pink, paint my toenails, buy makeup and headbands. If I was younger I'd put a pretty bow in my hair and call it a day.
During the Fall and Winter months I'm just all about black and navy and dark browns. I love wool socks and bulky sweaters. This time of year I can't even stand to wear socks. I'm barefoot and happy (and sporting hot pick toenails).
If I had money to burn I'd be out getting highlights in my hair this week. I miss being tan. I liked it back when I could be ignorant of the consequences. There was nothing better than a day in the sun, the smell of cocoa butter, smooth brown skin, a bubblegum pink t-shirt and strawberry lip gloss. *sigh*
As for now, I'm enjoying some sunny weather in WV. My Mom and I have been shopping and eating out. It's been nice to get away from the routine. I'm looking forward to going home and feeling renewed and relaxed. It's good to WANT to go home. Even when home is temporary and in Indiana.
2 days ago

2 comments:
I'm glad you're enjoying your break. It has been a bit chilly here in the mornings (compared to Florida - about 90 degrees by 7 am!). :-)
Hey! Glad you are getting some R & R! Hope you are enjoying your visit!
Post a Comment