Monday, December 29, 2008

Wrapping up the Holiday!

It has been a busy and wonderful couple of weeks around here. My house is in complete disarray. It is clearly not big enough for 7 people and two dogs. Not to mention my son got enough presents to fill the house on his own.

My beef tenderloin was wonderful! I was so very thankful that I didn't ruin it. Next time, I'll add a little more herbs and spices to the "crust" when I sear it for more flavor. Otherwise, it was cooked perfectly and could be cut with a fork. Yay me! It should be noted that the turkey received rave reviews as well. Very tender and moist.

Christmas at someone else house could have real advantages. We may just travel for Christmas next year. I've never seen so much trash and boxes or washed so many dishes. I'm not sure I spent 5 minutes out of the kitchen the entire week. There was always someone to feed or tea to make or the coffee pot was running low. Caffeine was my friend!

I will NEVER and I mean NEVER again go on vacation the week before Christmas. At least not if I am then expecting a house full of company. I have never been so tired, disorganized and running behind for Christmas before.

It's back to reality for us today. J. left for work on time this morning with plans to put in a full day. We're still on break from school, though. I've got to shovel my way through the house and find a place for everything. Also I have a mountain of sheets, blankets and towels to wash. I'm probably going to start taking down decorations tomorrow. We've been decorated for a long time. Plus, we need a little extra ROOM around here.

We plan on spending the nice long New Year's Weekend hanging around under throw blankets and watching movies. I'm going to make some of our favorite snacks. We'll probably play with some of our new games and just enjoy being home. So, that means I've got to get the work done around here.

I hope that you had a WONDERFUL Christmas.

No comments: