Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Fear...

Sometimes when I'm reading on the economy or thinking too hard about things, I get scared. I worry about our situation. When I read about gas, groceries and job losses, I want to pick up my family, find a piece of land, put up a shelter and live like the old days. It is so easy to get scared. I find that really gets in the way of being able to be content. There are so many things to worry about.

But, then I remember it isn't time to break out the tinfoil hat just yet. Our lives can not be lived in fear. Sometimes I just want to let the future take care of itself. I just want to live my todays. Worry and fear can get in the way of enjoying the things I have rightthissecond.

We have family members that are dealing with things I can not even imagine. We are SO lucky and for some reason we can never see that.

In other news, we are going to work on paying off our credit cards and such ala' Dave Ramsey. So, it is going to be a tight winter around here. We'll be talking budget and eating beans. Talk of budget is never a happy thing. Especially around the holidays. Also, we've canceled our vacation to Disney World two years in a row. I'm going next year. Let me repeat that. I. Am. Going. Well, OK, we are going. I don't think that is Dave Ramsey approved. I guess we won't be telling him, then!

I'm starting school with N. (the boy) on Monday. I have nothing prepared and the room we use looks like a train wreck. Or a Lego Store exploded. Procrastination is my friend.

No comments: